Connect with us

News

What Nigerian Ambassador To Germany Said About Ekweremadu’s Attack

Published

on

Ike-Ekweremadi-IPOB

The Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar, has condemned the attack on a former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, by some members of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), in Germany.

Yaahoo Journalist had reported earlier that the IPOB members attacked Ekweremadu in Nuremberg, Germany on Saturday, August 17.

It was learned that the IPOB members attacked Ekweremadu during the annual cultural festival of the Ndigbo, apex social-cultural group in the south-east.

Reacting to the incident, the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, who described it as “unfortunate”, said the embassy will look into the matter.

“The incident involving Sen Ekweremadu at Nuremberg Germany is most unfortunate,” said the ambassador.

“He is ok and I have assured him the Embassy will look into the matter thoroughly. Overwhelming majority of Nigerians in Germany are disciplined and law-abiding and the incident didn’t stop the event,” the Nigerian Ambassador said.

Speaking after the ugly incident through Uche Anichukwu, his media aide, Ekweremadu assured Ndigbo and his supporters across the nation that he was safe.

His words: “I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however, could not make it eventually,” he said in the statement.

“I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however, could not make it eventually,” Ekweremadu said in the statement.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

“I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue,” Ekweremadu said.

Continue Reading

FCMB

WhatsApp chat