PART 1: GOVERNOR YAHAYA BELLO ROLLS OUT HIS KEY ACHIEVEMENTS IN KOGI STATE
Kogi people around the world had always dreamt of having a Governor who will launch the state on the national and international stages; a unifier who will collapse the walls of division; a patriotic leader who places service above elections; in Alh Yahaya Bello, their prayers were answered.
Projects were spread all over the State and the institutions of government were ushered into a new vista of development. All the appointments under his administration were spread, a situation which has helped beak down the barriers of ethnic jingoism.
– The Greenhouse
The Green House at Osara already creating massive employment. The green house farms in Osara to make Kogi state a vegetable hub in North Central Nigeria. When done it created 800 direct jobs and 1500 indirect jobs.
– Omi Dam
The billion naira project which is located in Ejiba, Yagba East Local government area of the state . Cultivated 800 hectares of rice plantation in Omi and built a 50 tonnes per day Rice Mill, which has a 500KVA power plant that would power the factory and host communities.1800 direct jobs and 3000 indirect jobs would be created. Capacity of producing 2000 bags of 50kg rice everyday. If sold at a minimum price of 15,000, would make N30million naira daily.
– Palm Plantation
Synergized with CBN on developing 100,000 hectares of Palm plantation in Kogi state, Especially the Eastern senatorial district.
– Cassava Plantation
Developing over 500,000 hectares of Cassava plantation across the 21 LGA of the state. The project is divided into 10 centres spread across the 3 senatorial district of the state to provide employment to over 10,000 Kogi youths.
– Procured about 100 thousand hectare of land for 25 thousands youths who are interested in large scale farming
– Over 150 thousand tons of fertilizers were also distributed to aids farming in the state.
– Water Works:
a. The current leadership in the state rehabilitates dredges and expands the Okene water works.
b. Several Boreholes across remote areas powered with generators and maintained by the State government.
– Road Network:
a. Ankpa-Abejukolo road
b. Umomi-Akpagidigbo-Ugwolawo-Ajaka-Idah road
c. Ibana-Okpo-Ikeje-Ogugu-Ette Road
d. Ankpa township road
e. Umomi Erosion control
f. Ijowa-Jege-Ife-olukotun road
g. GRA, Ohinoyi palace junction
h. Iniziomi-Kuroko-Eika-Itape road
i. Iniziomi-Kuroko-Eika-Itape road
j. Agasa Roundabout
k. Mount Patti road, Lokoja
l. Maigari Palace Road, Lokoja.
m. Released of counterpart funding for the construction of the Idah-Agenebode Bridge amounting to $2million; the bridge will serve as gateway for South East and North West states from Idah.
n. 54km Ankpa-Ajekumolo road
– Electrification of Rural Areas:
a. Ogori/Magongo power station
b. Street lights in Lokoja
c. Electrification project in Abejukolo, Omala Local Government Area.
– Establishment of a reinvigorated Vigilante Service
– Distribution of 260 Motorcycles to the Vigilante Services
– Establishment of Operation Total Freedom Troop
– Distribution of over 260 Trucks to the Operation Total Freedom
– Establishment of a Forward Operation Base
– Demolition of all criminal hideouts and strongholds
4. REVENUE GENERATION
– Reinvigorating the State Internal Revenue Generation Agency
– Building a new Revenue House for the Agency
– Equipping the Agency for efficiency and effectiveness
– Procurement of means of mobility for broader coverage and connectivity between the payer and the collector of revenue
– Establishment of the GYB CarePlus Health Intervention Programme
– Renovation of Primary Healthcare Centres across the 21 LGAs
– Procurement of over 10 Ambulances
– Procurement of Hospital equipment
– Establishment of the GYB Maternal Newborn and Child Healthcare Intervention Programme
– Completion works on the Advanced Medical Diagnostic and Imaging Centre, Lokoja. (CAMDIC).
– Construction of Hostel Blocks at the Kogi State College of Nursing and midwifery, Obangede.
– Construction of State Public Health Emergency Operation Centre (KSPHEOC),
– Construction of State Nutrition House
– Free medical outreach under Bello Health Intervention Initiative,
– Professional training of Health Care Officials across the State and
– Free medical and surgical treatment for over fifty thousand patients.
– Signing into law the Kogi State Health Insurance Agency bill,
– And also amendment of the bill establishing the Kogi State Primary Health Care Development Agency.
– Rated as one of the eight best states and second in North Central for effective implementation of World Bank/Federal Government Saving One Million Lives Project in 2017/2018.
– Reducing Malaria through distribution of 2.4 million mosquito nets
– Introduction of electronic tracking system to curb diversion of drugs meant for public hospitals.